Wednesday 3 November 2010

My first days in Tunis

Almost two weeks have passed since I started my life in Tunis and so far everything is going according to the plan. I started my job, my colleagues are great, I moved into my new apartment with my cool room mates Jula and Mouna and I'm enjoying my life with the people I love :) Sure, I miss you guys back home, specially my family and my girls ;) but my life is pretty awesome right now.

Finding the apartment was not easy at all, but we managed to find a perfect one. And now you will see why...










The living room.


My room.

This apartment wouldn't be ours if we didn't have some help from couple of very nice people :) there were a lot of people helping us look for an apartment (driving us around) and helping with getting the furniture but there were 2 special people that are main responsible for the awesome apartment we have now. Wael, you were like a big brother to us and thank you for taking care of us :* and Yosra you turned our empty apartment into a home :*

I also have a new friend, his name is Baileys and he is a very cute little cat :) I'm not a big fan of cats usually but he is very playful and he likes to be petted so he kind of got underneath my skin.

Concerning my job, I'm still getting into it and it's becoming more and more busy but interesting. One of the funny things here is that I still don't speak French and people in Tunisia are not very comfortable with their English. So it happens that I send a request for an offer in English and they send the offer back in French... A big black French/English dictionary is becoming a very good friend of mine, almost like Google Translate. But that's not the end of the story, it get even more interesting... So I got the offers in French, I translated them, but now I need to call for some additional information. And what happens, I call the guy at the hotel, I introduce myself in English and the guy is responding to me in French, I say I'm sorry what did you say, and he responds in French again.... Seriously???

So the lesson of the week is that I need to start learning French for real!!! (business French that is, not the things my friends have been teaching me)

In the upcoming weeks we are planning a moving in party and a trip I still don't know where so I'll keep you posted :*

Love you all
Pusa iz suncanog Tunisa :*

P.S. For my friends back home who are wondering where I am and why am I not writing anything, at work I'm quite busy lately and at home I still don't have internet. We're planning to get it asap and then you'll hear from me more often ;)

3 comments: